Occasionally we hear from some PowerPoint 2010 users that they get an error message when trying to open the .pptx file export from Haiku Deck. They report a PowerPoint 2010 error that reads, "PowerPoint found a problem with content in <deck title>. PowerPoint can attempt to repair the presentation. If you trust the source of this presentation, click Repair." Upon clicking Repair, they get another error indicating that the file cannot be repaired.
To resolve the issue of opening an individual file, please follow these steps:
- After downloading the .pptx, locate the file on your computer
- Right click the file and see the dropdown box which appears
- Look to the bottom of the dropdown box and select “Properties”
- In the “Properties” Window, you will see several tabs, the first of which should be “General”. Select this tab if it is not already selected.
- At the bottom of this window you will see “Attributes” and “Security”. Next to the word “Security” is a description stating “This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer.” and a box labeled “Unblock”.
Click “Unblock” , then OK.
Re-open the file by double clicking it, or opening it from PowerPoint’s “File” menu.
Note: Once you’ve Unblocked a file, the “Security” label under the General tab will disappear. This is normal and to be expected.
It's possible that additional steps are necessary based on your system configuration. Additional information for troubleshooting found here