Adding Audio and Narration
Though audio isn't currently supported in Haiku Deck, you can export your deck to .pptx and then use PowerPoint, Keynote, or Google Slides to add audio. The idea here is that you use Haiku Deck to make the visuals and then another app to add audio after the fact. To learn more about exporting to .pptx format, follow the steps in this article.
Please note that your notes will only be exported when you choose the editable pptx option from the export menu.
One of the most frequent questions we receive is how to add videos to your Haiku Decks. Pro subscribers can currently embed YouTube videos into their presentations. More on that in this article.
Adding Videos: Export Method
If you wish to embed a video that isn't already on YouTube, this method allows for a true embedded video that you can play right from your deck. The downside is that you’ll end up with a big file that won’t be as easy to post and share with your social networks.
1. Create your slides and leave a placeholder slide for your video. You can import a still from your video as described below in the Notes Method, or you might try a solid-color background or an interesting abstract pattern, like this one:
2. Export a PowerPoint file from the Export button (square with arrow pointing right). Once you export, you won’t be able to edit any of the text or images you added in Haiku Deck, so make sure your deck is exactly how you want it.
3. Open the .pptx file in PowerPoint or Keynote, then insert your video.
Linking to Videos: Notes Method
This method is a great way to make video content available to your audience while keeping the flexibility and portability that’s built into Haiku Deck. If you’re creating a Haiku Deck to share online, this is the way to go.
1. Capture a still from your video to use as your slide image. You could take a screenshot using these steps.
2. Create your Haiku Deck, and import the image you captured as the background for the slide that will link to your video.
If you’re looking to make a video out of your Haiku Deck, you can follow the steps in this article.