A lot of users often have certain criteria they need to abide by when making their decks. One of the most common questions we get from those users is how to place a logo on their slides, or how to create a slide that uses company colors or designs. If that sounds like something you'd be interested in, then good news: we built a slide type just for you, and created the option to choose unique background colors, too! Check out our blog post all about it here.
If the logo slide doesn't quite work for you, you can try the following:
1. Make the slide background in another program, such as Keynote, PowerPoint, Photoshop, or Pixelmator.
2. Save it as an image (JPEG or PNG). From PowerPoint, you can usually do this from File - Save As..., and from Keynote, you can choose File - Export.
3. If you're using Haiku Deck for iPad, email it to yourself or upload it to someplace like Dropbox or Google Drive. If you're on the web, skip to step 5.
4. If you emailed yourself the file, open the email on your iPad, and save the attachment. It should save to your Camera Roll.
5. Import it as a slide background. Viola!
Just keep in mind that the edges of the image have to allow for 50 pixels' worth of space for the parallax transition that takes place when you switch slides.