Premium Images aren't downloading.
From time to time, users may find that they purchase a premium image from the image search area of the Haiku Deck iPad app, and after the transaction is finished, the image simply... doesn't download. If that sounds familiar, here are some things you can try.
1. Go to your home screen.
2. Double-tap your home button show all running iPad apps.
3. Swipe upward on all running iPad app windows, especially Haiku Deck.
4. Press your home button.
5. Swipe upward from the bottom of your screen to pull up your control panel.
6. Tap the airplane button in the top to turn on Airplane mode.
7. Wait 15 seconds or so, then turn Airplane mode off.
8. Wait 20 seconds or so to make sure your iPad has a valid wifi connection established.
9. Open Haiku Deck again.
10. If the image is still not showing up on your slide, try adding a new slide, then choosing the same image from your image history.
If that doesn't help, then try another network. If it's still not working, click the "Submit a Request" link at the top and let us know what the image you purchased looks like, what your account is (the one you use to sign into haikudeck.com with), and what steps you've tried. We're happy to help!
Your purchased images aren't in the Haiku Deck app.
Premium images aren't currently supported on the web. If you're using the iPad app, do an image search, then tap on any premium image to display the Buy Premium Image popup. At the bottom, tap Restore previous purchases. Sign in with your Apple ID and password, and your images should be restored to your image history.