iOS (the major software your device runs from) updates are very important for the security and functionality of your device and apps. Updating iOS can take a few minutes, and it’s a good idea to back your device up first. If doing these updates is not an option right now, or you are already sure you're running the most up to date version of iOS, you can try skipping forward to the steps to check for Haiku Deck updates.
- Go to the Settings app (the icon is a silver box with gears in it).
- Choose ‘General.’
- Choose ‘Software Update.’
- If there are updates available, the next screen will let you know. You may need to clear space to install this update, or plug your device in so you have enough power - the device will alert you if that’s the case.
To check for updates for Haiku Deck:
- Double-tap the round, plastic button on the front of the device (typically known as the ‘home button’) to show all running apps.
- Swipe upward on Haiku Deck. This will quit the app entirely. It’s not a required step, but it’s not a bad idea to do this before installing an update.
- Press your home button to return to your home screen, then go to the App Store app.
- Tap the ‘Updates’ tab.
- If there are updates available for Haiku Deck, install them.