When downloading presentations, Haiku Deck offers 3 file type options:
- un-editable pptx
- editable pptx
This article explains the difference between the options so you can choose the right one for your needs.
First, a note about .pptx format... .pptx is the standard file format for traditional presentation apps. Files created in .pptx can be opened in PowerPoint, Apple Keynote, Google Slides, and many other presentaiton apps. It is the industry standard open file format.
When you choose Un-Editable .pptx, your individual slides are exported as images in a .pptx file. This is the fastest, easiest way to get your slides out of Haiku Deck looking exactly the same as they look online. The benefit of this file type is consistency. In viewing the presentation, the recipient will not need to install fonts or worry if the presentation will look different when opened on another device. If you choose this file format, and later wish to edit the words or change the layout of individual slides, you'll have to return to Haiku Deck to edit and then download again. If you paid for a one-time download, in most cases you will be asked to pay again to download the presentation again.
The Editable PPTX option gives you the flexibility to edit each slide after the file download. A few reasons why you should consider this option:
- You want to swap Haiku Deck fonts for your own company font
- You want to move text elements around after the export
- You want to add animations or slide-builds to your deck
- You think you might want to make minor changes to the exported file
Note that the editable .pptx format relies upon certain fonts to be present on the your computer or device. Without these fonts, the presentation might look different when you open the file. We do offer free open-source fonts that you can install to make the download look very close to what you see online.
Please follow the instructions below to download and install these fonts:
- Download the font zip file by clicking this link
Double-click on the zip file to unzip
- Find the uncompressed zip file in your download folder and double-click each of the 27 fonts. Follow the prompts to install each font.
- If you have PowerPoint open already, completely quit out of PowerPoint and reboot your computer
- Reopen PowerPoint to revel in the beauty of your downloaded Haiku Deck
PDF is the standard file format for printing and sharing. This version of your presentation can be opened for viewing from virtually any device. Downloaded PDF files cannot be edited.